New European Software Enables Companies To Run Campaigns In-House
London, 23 January, 2002 – L-Soft, creator of LISTSERV®, the widely deployed e-mail list management software, announced today the launch of LISTSERV® Maestro, a new product developed to provide companies with sophisticated e-mail marketing capabilities in-house. By offering LISTSERV Maestro on a licensed basis, L-Soft becomes one of the first companies to respond to a growing demand, also acknowledged by Forrester1, for secure, cost-effective e-mail marketing software that is quick to install and easy-to-use.
"Companies are increasingly turning to e-mail to drive site traffic and build customer relationships," said Eric Thomas, L-Soft Founder and CEO. "E-mail cuts campaign production and delivery costs, especially when using in-house solutions such as LISTSERV Maestro. Some of the savings are usually passed on to the customer in the form of more attractive, carefully targeted special offers."
LISTSERV Maestro's easy-to-use Web interface guides marketers through each step of campaign development, including message creation, response tracking and reporting. LISTSERV Maestro's tracking reports provide quick feedback and enable marketers to quantify the success of campaigns in real time, giving them the freedom to immediately adjust their strategies and realise greater success rates. LISTSERV Maestro identifies whether recipients open up messages or click through to URLs embedded within messages.
"Campaign managers will be able to improve e-mail marketing planning, implementation and effectiveness with LISTSERV Maestro," said Thomas. "The complexity of marketing campaigns will increase, but companies that invest in precise targeting will be rewarded with higher ROI and better long-term customers relationships."
The initial high-capacity version of LISTSERV Maestro allows companies to conduct large-scale e-mail marketing campaigns in-house for a modest investment. L-Soft will soon integrate LISTSERV Maestro into its hosting services and introduce limited-capacity licensing packages, enabling companies and organisations of all sizes to implement professional e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Determines whether recipients have opened up messages
- Establishes whether recipients have clicked through to embedded URLs located within a message
- Allows marketers to choose from several levels of privacy protection settings
- Personalises messages by extracting customer information from databases
- Provides online tracking reports in real-time and allows marketers to download reports in Excel files
- Allows messages to be sent in text, HTML or multi-part formats
- Sends graphic, audio, video and other files
- Delegates operational tasks among team members
- Schedules delivery so marketers do not have to be present when messages are sent
- Handles bounced or undeliverable messages
- Blocks the delivery of messages containing computer viruses with the F-Secure® Anti-Virus System
1. Compared to 72% of companies who outsource this service today, Forrester predicts that by 2003 this will no longer be the preferred method with 62% running campaigns in-house (Aug 2001).
L-Soft specialises in the development of products and services for professional e-mail communication management. Since 1994, L-Soft has pioneered the e-mail communication industry with LISTSERV®, the premier software for e-mail list management. L-Soft's technology is tailored for commercial usage, offering outstanding performance, reliability and scalability. Originally launched in 1986, LISTSERV® software celebrated its 15th anniversary last year. With offices in the U.S. and Europe, the company serves over 2,500 customers across the globe including AOL, British Airways, Microsoft, BT, HP and IBM.
For more information contact L-Soft via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LISTSERV is a registered trademark licensed to L-Soft international, Inc.
All other trademarks, both marked and not marked, are the property of their respective owners.
See Guidelines for Proper Usage of the LISTSERV Trademark for more details.